Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Oft Coveted Zombie Chicken Award

Well...I tell ya...in all the years I've been doing this...creating websites...doing the blog thing...I have NEVER received an award like this one. And honestly? It's my favorite! Why? Because it's so...MEL! ")

My BBFF...that's Best Bloggin' Friend Forever...has graciously presented me with the prestigious Zombie Chicken Award...with the following caveat:

The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all!

Hmmm...knowing full well I never follow the rules that come with these awards I'll simply have to take my chances with those zombie chickens. Maybe they'll let me get by with only awarding it to the following TWO fellow bloggers:

1) Jennifer, one of two contributors from the ever humble More than Cheese---if I didn't know any better I would think SHE had created this award herself. We met online...I don't know...13 years ago? Yikes! I LOVE you my girl. One day we are going to meet each other face to face. After I hug you and cry a lot...and embarrass the both of us I'll probably just stare at my feet and mumble.

2) Mike of the aptly named Mike's Place---whom I've known for well...forever. Recently I have discovered, with great pleasure, that the man has the soul of a writer...a GOOD one. I can't wait to see what he puts down next. I love you too...Mikey. ")

Carolina of course would receive one had she not already presented it to me...and Andrew deserves one as well...if he still blogged. ; p

Perhaps that will keep the zombie chickens away from my doorstep...if only for a little while...I'm safe...but for how long...

Be blessed y'all!

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Great stuff Mel ;-) I will certainly visit the other worthy recipients of this prestigious award.

Big smile, hug and x
Carolina

The Mixologist said...

Mel, as always you blew me away.... Thank you very much for the kind words... I bow ever so low in front of you...

jlp said...

Woo hoo! I won something! What happens if I do incur the wrath of the zombie chickens? I'm not even wearing any high heels to throw at them.

And if I picked you as one of my bloggers would you have to do this again?

Mel said...

Carolina---I owe you an email! It's great to have you back!

Mr. Mixologist---Don't bow before me...just stand next to me...and smile!

jlp---I have no idea. These things never come with instructions for what to do if you DON'T follow their rules. We could always make a run for the nearest deserted farmhouse. If you pick me again...I'll pick you again...

Related Posts with Thumbnails