Friday, January 18, 2008


One year ago today...

I was sitting here wondering how I was going to survive for the next two weeks...
Hope was napping...
Claire was in the Qianjiang SWI...
Garry was on a plane headed for China.

Four years ago today...

Garry and I were at H.H. Gregg buying a new camcorder and packing for our trip to China...
Hope was in the Anqing CWI...
Claire...wasn't.

Today...

I got some wonderful news after battling some old demons for a couple of days...seems I won this time. Thank you God...
I dropped Hope off at preschool and when she got out of the car she said, "I love you Mama!"...
When I put Claire down for her nap I said "I loooove you Claire!"...she laughed...then babbled three syllables + Mama in the same tone I had just used with her...
I don't think I've ever had a better day.

This weekend we are going to cocoon as a family. It's going to be too cold and nasty to go out and do anything. So we made sure we accomplished all of our errands during the week, we're going to have a HUGE amount of food delivered from Zeppe's, and we're just going to be the family that we've become...and waited so long for.

Stay warm...and be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay...Yay...Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't think of a better way to get through a bitter cold weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails