Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Word Freak...Freaks Out

So if you happened to stumble in here without having a clue...I've had a thing for Rick Springfield since I was eleven years old. It has grown and changed over the years...I've written about it many times both publicly and privately. His words have helped me through more shit than I can ever even begin to recount.

I remember being in college, (at least 28 years ago) sitting on the front porch of my parents' house, jotting down things I wanted to accomplish in my life in a spiral notebook. At the top of that list? I wanted to sit down and talk with Rick Springfield...ask him where all of the pain was coming from...why he felt the need to bleed so profusely through his music.

I recently discovered that I won't have to wait much longer for the answers to my questions. Rick's memoir, "Late, Late At Night" will be arriving at a bookstore near you...and me...in October of this year. To say that I'm elated is one mother of an understatement.

Here are a few of Rick's words taken from http://www.latelateatnight.com/:

“Many of the things I have had to face in my life are universal issues; my lifelong battle with depression, fear of failure, self doubt and my journey to overcome these,” commented Mr. Springfield. “There have been ups and downs in my life, and reaching the milestone of my 60th birthday made me want to tell my story finally and honestly. I seized the opportunity to tell my story in my own words, so those who may be going through similar things in their lives, can take my experiences, grow from them and hopefully have a good laugh along the way.”

If Rick has battled the same damn demons that I've been dealing with for years, then by God I want to know every detail.

Well...as Mick Jagger has told me so many times in the last few months:

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need"




"You Can't Always Get What You Want" can be found on the playlist at the bottom of this page.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails