Monday, January 29, 2007

This is the granite etching that Garry had done at Sherry's Place. You can get them elsewhere on the island, but not the same quality as you get from Sherry! These are both of my girls' Chinese passport photos. Hope is just about a month older than Claire in these pictures. Seems like yesterday...

Speaking of feeling like it was just yesterday...today is the third anniversary of Hope's Gotcha Day. Wow...I looked at her today when she was eating her lunch and all I could do was cry. She is literally the reason God placed me on this earth. Daddy feels horrible that he is missing it. I told him that what he is doing is certainly the best and only excuse.

They had breakfast at The White Swan Monday morning and then shopped! He's got everything on the list save one thing he couldn't find...and he was going to go out again Tuesday to pick up a couple more things. Yes, we spent a lot of money...but how long is it going to be before we get back there? The prices are too good to pass up. We saw some of the exact same items at The China Pavilion at Epcot and the mark-up was unreal...not just because it was Disney, but also because they have to pay all manner of import tax on the stuff. TAKE LOTS OF MONEY FOR SHOPPING! ")

I guess Sherry has told Garry that he will forever be known as "The Man Who Bought Five Wedding Boxes." Hey, there are worse titles. AND she even told him how to say "I am Mama" in Mandarin so I can let Claire know who I am right off the bat. Dang these TEARS!

A special thank you also to Amy, who is traveling with Garry. Her baby has already outgrown most of the little outfits that Amy had brought with her. Amy generously gave them to Garry for Claire. We are literally humbled by her generosity.

And finally, Edna, if you are reading this, I am NOT angry or upset with you in any way, shape, or form for holding Claire! I understand COMPLETELY that you just wanted to help and hey, I'm not going to be able to restrain myself from holding her the minute I lay eyes on her! God bless you, Jim, Roxie, and the girls for being there. Garry speaks of you every day. You are BLESSINGS!

Until next time y'all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails