Wednesday, November 15, 2006


Mmmmm...spooky cheese fingers...

No, I didn't go through with my threat to go postal. These little morsels are what Hope took to her preschool Halloween party. I made them with my own two hands...and *my* fingers are still intact!

Well, there aren't any rumors out there so I have nothing to share on that account.

Apparently there were eight agencies involved in the "Great CCAA LID Mix-Up". I give our agency credit. They informed us that we were switched last January. Other folks from other agencies weren't told until they didn't receive their referrals when they thought they were coming. What a nightmare. And also apparently, we were not just added to the September group, we *became* the September group...while they became the August group. According to members of the original September and now August group, they were not told that their LID's had been switched. The agency didn't want to have to call them back and tell them that they had been switched back again should CCAA have decided to correct the error.

SO, moving on...congrats to the new families...and I'm ready to see my baby!

Another word or two...or fifty about adoption agencies. I've been doing a lot of reading online lately and for the life of me, I don't understand how ANY of these agencies stay in business. Some sound slightly better than ours, and others sound grossly worse. There are people out there going through grander ordeals than we are. Some are being denied at the very last minute...when they are expecting their referral. Some are living and dying by when the next referrals come out.

At this point I don't care. I just want my baby. As one waiting parent put it, "I'm not getting on that roller coaster again. I'm just going to stand on the side and watch what happens." Amen sister. I want to be able to say, "We're next!" and know that's true.

Until next time...

P.S. In case you are wondering I am hopelessly caught up in the phenomenon that is "Dancing With The Stars". And yes...I cast all my votes for Emmitt and Cheryl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just reading your blog and I am shocked....I haven't read or heared anything about anyone else who didn't get their expected referral. That is ME!! I had a 8-11-05 LID and didn't get my referral. After an e-mail from my agency to the CCAA...somehow I was moved after sending in an update. Can you tell me more about this mix up??? Please....Many thanks...Leigh, Orlando, FL
kindrtch@aol.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails