Saturday, May 07, 2005

I'm sure this will be the first of many small (or large) rants that you will be reading over the next few months. I find it amazing that it has taken a little over two full months before I have become so frustrated that I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Maybe the second time through the process IS easier! ; ) I will say I haven't cried over it yet!

I realize I haven't given you the lowdown on the paperwork for the China Dossier yet...and I realize you are happy with that fact...but I'm going to whine about it never the less.

Apparently the Chinese government has become very particular with what they will and will not accept on the dossier papers. I don't have a problem with that. Please just tell me what you want me to do and I will do it. For this reason, our agency wants us to copy, fax, or email all of our dossier documents to them before we have them certified so they can make sure we've filled them out correctly. Again, I don't have a problem with that.

One of the couples we traveled with previously is going through the process for the second time with us in hopes that we will travel together again. Our friend took her dossier papers in to the agency this week to have them checked. She apparently met with a less than sympathetic individual who took a red pen and placed a large red X over each paper that had even the tiniest of mistakes on it. I fail to see how this is constructive or of any help to anyone. You've seen the list of documents we have to complete for the home study. The dossier is no different. There are many forms to fill out and also several letters that we have to write. Imagine how you would feel after spending hours and hours of your time on these papers, only to have someone X them out. I don't know about you, but I would feel like a discouraged, demoralized, insignificant child. Garry called and spoke with Chris, our angel who is the director of the China program. She apologized...even though it didn't happen to us...and promised we would not have to go through that experience. She said that she would probably have suggestions or corrections that we would have to make but she would make those notations in the margins of the papers. Somehow, I find that a much easier pill to swallow.

AND we found out that our China medical forms which are currently at our doctor's office being filled out are the wrong ones. China changed the form...again. This happened during Hope's adoption process as well. The forms are just about identical except for the fact that the questions are in a different order.

You do what you have to do. It is all part of the process...we got through it once we will do it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

I check your site every so often. It sounds like things are moving along well. It's great you don't have to take the CPR class again. We did have to recertify which wasn't a big deal but yet another thing to schedule. I was sorry to read about the others' experience.

Are you planning on asking CCAA for Anhui again or just letting things happen naturally? We asked for Huainan, Anhui for the second adoption and were granted a return to Anhui. We made it clear that we would like a daughter from any part of China but it is nice to have the girls from the same general area.

Hey, I may be going to China in April with Zoe (Dad has a business meeting and has asked if we wanted to join him). When do you think you guys will be DTC and have a LID? Who knows, maybe we'll see you in Beijing :)!

Take Care,
Sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails