Monday, January 16, 2012

I Have A Dream...

Last year, several of the children in Hope's class were given lines from Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech to memorize and recite.  Her teacher told me that she chose the following for Hope, with me in mind...knowing how much it means to me.
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

May we all find something that we can do, no matter how small, to make his dream...reality.

Amen.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

You're back!!!!! (I'm happy.)

My friend, may that dream come true soon.

How are you? How are the kids?

WV: falygodg, which is a bit ominous sounding, with the beautiful dream in mind

Mel said...

BBFF!!! I don't know that I'm back, but I am alive! ")

The girls were sick...then I got sick...now they're sick again. ENOUGH!!!!!

In between coughing I've been busy working on the inside of the house. I have time to do things like that now since the girls are both in school. ")

xoxo

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Everybody in the world should be judged on who they are and the content of their character rather than any aspect of their outward appearance or ethnicity.

It's a dream that's a long time coming true.

Mel said...

Jay! Oh my friend...even though my online voice may be silent for now, I *wish* you could know how many times I "quote Jay" to those around me. I think of you so often...your wisdom has helped me more than you could ever know. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails